dimanche 14 décembre 2008

Open melodie goes GWT

After very long thoughts about what technology to use to build the interface of Open melodie, we decided to use GWT. Reasons are quite easy to understand : we all wish to have a rich interface, with many features like the MAVI has. Going Flash would have raised problems, especialy on the long term maintenance. I'm not sure using plain JS libraries, like Dojo, Scriptaculous, Prototype and the like doesnt make a lot of sense to me, considering what you can do in GWT, with Smart GWT or Ext GWT on your side. So this is what we decided. 
I have already rewrote the transport layer, to use it as is in the GWT layer. Now I need to write a GWT server layer. I would like it to implement the EJB-interface layer, that should be renamed to something like Server-interface, since it will be implemented in both the GWT layer, and the EJB layer. Being able to organize things like that seems really cool to me !
Expect a 0.2 release in january 09 with all this in it. 

Aucun commentaire: